Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I thought I had everything set, so I figured I'd take the petcock off and check to make sure it's clean. It was, so I put it back on. Now I have another problem. Ever since I did that, my right carb spews gas from the over flow. Litertally all I did was remove the tank, take petcock off, look at it, and put it back on. Now my right carb barfs from the overflow...I can't win. Any ideas, suggestions?? The only thing I can think is my floats are sticking up, but they didn't before the petcock, so I'm just guessing at this point...

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Moving the tank off the frame has probably allowed some particulates (rust) to escape to the carbs... where they are now stuck in your shut-off needle/seat assembly.... Solution....re-clean carbs, and install an inline filter.....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crap! I figured...Dang it. I think I might get some new valves while I am at it, since they are still available.

Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spot on, took the bowl off and the float/valve and there was a nice small flake of rust on it. Took it off and no more over flow. So I drove it up to the bike shop to get a filter, came out, and sure enough, my right one is doing it now...didn't get the filter in time! SO I'll take the lines and everything off tomorrow to make sure they are free of debris and install the filter.

Thanks a lot guys, don't know what I'd do without this forum! Probably staring at a non-running bike! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts