Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there. I have a 1971 cl350 that needs new mufflers. I am putting after market mufflers on it, which are way more open flowing. Ill leave a link showing what kind I have. I am also going to need new carb jets because of this. Having these mufflers is like one step away from open pipes. To what size should I jet it? Any thoughts?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/chrome-plated- ... 971y1971j1
(mine is the 12" shorties)

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
It's trial and error.....Plug readings will tell...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have freshly rebuilt 350 top end and i have uni and a mildly open exhaust and running 105 mains with a beautiful shade of grey on the plug chop. but there are a few tricks to setting up the idle air orfice and pilot jet orfice to idle smooth and not load up. plus i also dropped my float level to 25 instead of 26, some reason it worked better.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
doug350 said:
but there are a few tricks to setting up the idle air orfice and pilot jet orfice to idle smooth and not load up. plus i also dropped my float level to 25 instead of 26, some reason it worked better.
What tricks specifically would that be?

·
Registered
59 Posts
when you look under the little rubber cap to the left of the 2 jets, thats the idle air circuit. the slit where the screwdriver goes has to be aimed with openibg directed at the hole to carry the air to the pilot jet next to it. if its turned wrong it blocks the hole therefore idle in a fat condition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts