Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Making slow progress on the rebuild of the bike with one set back after another.

However, she is finally starting to come together again and now back up and running to some extent, but having problems with the carbs.

I've thoroughly cleaned and rebuilt the twin carbs without any readjustment and for the most part they seem in good condition.

Except since rebuilding/cleaning them the rpm's go through the roof with the air pods on!

When the filters are off it seems fine and it was ok before the clean.

But more worrying is only the left side of the engine seems to fire properly and right is barely firing at all. The left is also getting incredibly hot.

I've long suspected that the mix is too rich (as it always got very hot) but other than taking the carbs apart again I don't know where to start with one side not firing fully??

Any guidence of where to investigate first would be much appreciated.

Cheers guys

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help JT.

You could have a point there - the carbs look clean but there are so many problems with them. I think they were neglected for a long time.

In disassembling them I lost one of the felt washers from the throttle balancing rod so it might not be airtight.

You also reminded me that one of the air cut off valve diaphragm was in a bad way and probably has a hole in.

For the moment I've swapped the diaphragms over until i can find a replacement and I'll see if the problem swaps sides.

Jim's post is invaluable :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts