Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hate when I do stupid things...
Decided to get started on my CM450A project. Took a chance on putting in some fresh gas to see if I could use the kick start to get her running.. a couple pops but no luck, figured it was a long shot. So I pulled the carbs off and was goign to give them a quick once over then back on just to get her fired up. Figured I'd pull them back off for a thorough cleaning during the tear down. Got through carb one ok, some of the jets were clogged but everything came clean. Was almost done with carb 2 when my air nozzle got too close to the"O" ring on the float bowl for the accelerator pump....pitchoooo..... off she flew into the nether regions of the polebarn somewhere..... grrrr..

This is the little bugger that took to flight....

Any idea where I can get just this O ring without getting a whole rebuild kit??
Thanks,
MB

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
J T is correct but if you are set on just putting them back on I have some o-rings left over from a rebuild kit. P M me with your address an I will mail them to you.

Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
J T is correct but if you are set on just putting them back on I have some o-rings left over from a rebuild kit. P M me with your address an I will mail them to you.

Bill
AWESOME!!! I will rebuild them eventually, I just want see how it runs so I have a better idea if it will need anything major with the motor while I am tearing down everything else :D. Thanks again PM sent

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So a little update on this. Got the o-ring from Bill (Thanks Bill!) , put the carbs together and tried to fire up the bike. Just got an occasional 'pop'. Spark looked pretty weak to I did the automotive coil update, a little gas in each cylinder and she fired up!! Runs a little rough with some backfiring on the left side, but ran good enough to take it for a short spin down the road. I didn't have the airbox boots on, so I'm not sure if that would account for the roughness. I know with my Yamaha XJ the stock airbox and boots are pretty critical to getting the bike to run right...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts