Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 carb for sale, Came of CB450 71 but can fit many other CB and CL year.

Rebuilded with a rebuild kit (65$ Value) brand new gasket and polished.

Asking 200$.

Located in Montréal, Canada

Let me know if you have questions!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Digger said:
You have somehow incorrectly installed the slide pistons...... (see pic #2)

Edited by Moderator
I'll check it but the piston is free to sping if I remember correctly, flow keep it in the right way.

Anyone if I'm wrong correct me.

Thanks for the awsome constructive post on my parts for sell :)

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
joevirus563 said:
Digger said:
You have somehow incorrectly installed the slide pistons...... (see pic #2)

Edited by Moderator
I'll check it but the piston is free to sping if I remember correctly, flow keep it in the right way.

Anyone if I'm wrong correct me.

Thanks for the awsome constructive post on my parts for sell :)
You are correct, the caps will work when installed either way but it's sometimes considered sloppy workmanship or inattention to detail when they are installed backwards vs. how they came came when new. There are times, in other cases, where parts installed backwards WILL cause a problem.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Mike and "joe"... I believe the reference was to the piston cut-away not facing the air cleaner (inlet) side, not to the "domes"...... In his pic, it's "aimed" out the side of the body......Along instead of across the venturi... Steve

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
66Sprint said:
Mike and "joe"... I believe the reference was to the piston cut-away not facing the air cleaner (inlet) side, not to the "domes"...... In his pic, it's "aimed" out the side of the body......Along instead of across the venturi... Steve
Ok, I see what you're talking about. Interesting, the slide was obviously just set in there and not orientated correctly. In which case, Digger is correct, (as is Steve) that it won't work correctly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts