Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Two questions, is there anybody out there who also has a 1982 cm250tb that I can get advice from?
Second, image.jpg
Can someone send me a picture of this part of the cm250tb except assembled. I'm having a mental block!

Ps I hope the pic appears when I post this!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I flipped the picture and it still went wrong.
Now it's three questions
Third where did I go wrong with the upload?

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
After editing a photo on a computer most of the time you have to save it again or it reverts back to the original.
Looks like the question has to do with the brake pedal assembly

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's right. I took photos before the strip down, except not the right photos. The difficulty with the microfiche is that it shows the part assemblies, but not how the assemblies join together. Started this project years ago, through various issues, I'm hoping to finish it sooner rather than later. If there were someone out there, most probably Europe, who has the same bike I could get help if I need it.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
I don't have the FSM for this model and CMSNL isn't showing the model. Being a CM variant though would mean it's probably similar to the US version. Here's a Fiche of the CM400T pedal ass'y. The brake pedal is screwed into the center stand pivot sleeve by bolt #29 which goes thru that plate #17, #28 fixes the plate to the frame. #16 is the sleeve the brake pedal rotates on and is inside the pedal. https://www.partsfish.com/oemparts/...747b87e3/pedals-change-brake-kick-starter-arm
Here's some pictures that might help
GEDC2261.jpg GEDC2499.jpg GEDC2510.jpg GEDC2506.jpg GEDC2502.jpg

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The pictures hit the spot, made everything clear. The problem now clear was that this idiot sent the brake pedal for Chroming and this idiot didn't take out the sleeve. As a result, do I now press it out? The polisher seems to have curved surfaces. The brake lever goes tight, so will have to press it out and get it rotating. I can make a new one, if it's shortened, but what kind of steel are these made from is the next question?

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Just checked an CM400 pedal bushing. It's mild steel, magnetic and scores easily with a file. It's got a reduction, @2mm, in the center area to hold grease and the ends, actual bushing surface, are @13mm wide. I'd take and post a picture but that function is inop until they get it fixed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Made a metal cup, 25mm dia with 16mm inside dia and 12mm deep, then pressed the bush from the brake pedal out into this little cup, pressed both ways, in and out. Popped out, cleaned up no bother, greased, went back in a treat and works great, thanks for the pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts