Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need oversized pistons and these are in my price range but the pin locks are plastic.. anyone ever use these?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
They should be made of a Teflon/Nylon like material and be long wearing and I've heard of people liking them compared to messing with circlips. No chance they'll pop out like a clip either. As for lifespan, it's anyones guess. I've never used them.

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
363 Posts
never heard anything bad, sounds like a good idea.. probably work just fine, plastics have come a long way in the last 20 years.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Those are called Teflon buttons. We used to use them on the race bike motors we built in the late '70 and early 80's they work fine and I think they'll last but I don't have much experience past one season of racing.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
I've never had any problems with the "buttons", other than getting them in when you install the cylinders........ An extra set of hands is helpful.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys! I ordered a set it'll be off to the machine shop when they come in. The "professionally honed" cylinders I bought are way oversized. More so in the right cylinder too. It smokes like a mother. Once this is done i have a 350 hardtail to put together and I'm getting antsy.
Jodie

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi,i bought a set of these off e-bay 2 years and almost 9,000 miles ago and have had NO issues what so ever.the ones i bought were .750 oversize or something like that.ring markings for top are hard to read but that was only issue with whole kit.tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts