Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CL350 basket case came with a fastener kit, but no documentation. Does anyone recognize this kit, or is there a general standard for naming the groups? A, F, and G are right side out because they only had a couple each and you can see the complete contents under the label. B has acorn nuts, so I assume that's the group for tightening down the top end assembly, but there's at least one extra bolt in that bag that I can't account for.

·
Registered
1971 SL350 K1
220 Posts
Stainless aftermarket. You'll just need to check and see where they fit best as you put things together.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After some more digging, I'm pretty sure it's either a stainless cycle kit or a copy of it. The eBay listing had a generic picture, but here are the contents broken down by group:

kit includes:
a:
points and tach cover
3 oval phillips screws

b:cylinder head cover
5 socket allen screws
8 acorn nuts
11 washers

c:intake and cylinder head
8 socket allen screws
4 washers

d:left side cover
10 socket allen screws
3 oval phillips
9 washers

e:right side cover
3 oval phillips screws
10 socket allen screws

f:cam chain adjuster
4 socket allen screws

g:starter
2 socket allen screws

80 pieces total

I think I can sort it out from there, I just really didn't want to sit there sifting through a big pile of screws and comparing every time I was trying to put something back together. There was plenty of room to write the group name on the bag labels (I know because I did it :D), I don't know why they didn't just do that.

·
Registered
1972 CB350K4
10 Posts
All of the lengths are in the parts fiche, or most of them. You could use a caliper and match them to location by length / head type.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts