1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yes. Straight swap.

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
The top engine mounting plates are different, because the 200 engine is slightly taller than the 175.

Different clutch cable.

Slight difference in air cleaners, as 200 inlet manifolds are shorter than 175, that said, they still fit.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Off the topic sort of - I found that the CB200 was the hardest engine to install in the frame of any Honda I ever worked on.
Maybe it's just me, but it kicked my butt........450's are way easier to do.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Simo; I’m intrigued....what do you think is better between the CB200 and CB175 engines, on paper Yes; but in the real world? Better fuel economy? Power output, top speed? Sound?
Regards
Nigel.

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
My personal experience, backed up by two friends, was that there was no difference in real world performance between the 175 and the 200, in terms of acceleration and top speed.

Two of us had year old CB175K6s, other lad had a new CB200, (upgrade from a FSIE ) , rode together a lot, swapping bikes, so rider weight and style had no influence. I reckon the 175s handled better, 200 suspension was (even) softer and bouncier that the 175.

200 had a deeper exhaust note, and felt like it had more torque than the 175. Subjectively, I always though ( still do ) that the K6 was the best looking 175, and that the CB200 had been hit with the ugly stick.

The usual suspects:

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Tree Auto part Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Mode of transport Motor vehicle Vehicle Gentleman Motorcycle Classic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts