Honda Twins banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
We are only trying to help but it sounds a bit like you are trying to wave it away. I wasn't talking about the exhaust but the mechanical sounds it makes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Always keep things in perspective. My rebuild has resulted in the best of all possible worlds. I just need to let it play out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Right cylinder still running too rich. Decided that my float height theory about my intermittent stalling was idiocy, with the actual culprit being the loose wire I found in the headlight bucket (As helpfully suggested by Boomer343). I raised the float height to 25mm and my rich problem disappeared.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I have this bike dialed in to the very best of my abilities. I don’t think there is much else I can do. Valve lash checked and rechecked. Timing set. Idle mixture fine tuned. Carbs synchronized. It’s way louder than other examples but I just can’t see any way to tone it down.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I read in the FSM that setting the valves too loose will result in an unnecessarily loud engine. Took that to heart and tightened up the tolerances on the valves and, surprise, surprise, the engine does run quieter. it‘s all about methodically dialing it in.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts