Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all.

I just wanted a quick verification.

I have a '73 CB450 that I'm currently in the process of building.

I want to know if I can use the exhaust cam cover from a CB500T and just use the CB450 backing plate behind it/

The 500T looks a lot cooler imo with the finned design, and appears to bolt right up.

500.jpg s-l300.jpg 450b.jpg

Shouldn't be an issue right?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Racers do this for the vent to provide better crankcase breathing. It would probably be a good idea to run a tube someplace where a little oil mist will do no harm.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Racers do this for the vent to provide better crankcase breathing. It would probably be a good idea to run a tube someplace where a little oil mist will do no harm.
Use 500 covers both sides. Run a tube between the two spigots pointing up and then a tube from the face of the intake cover down the frame where it normally goes.
Awesome, Thanks for fast response guys.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Use 500 covers both sides. Run a tube between the two spigots pointing up and then a tube from the face of the intake cover down the frame where it normally goes.
View attachment 119322 View attachment 119330

Just to double check this....I should be using the CB500T plates correct? The metal ones that go between the engine and the covers?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts