Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to remove the cam chain tensioner wheel ? 2 reasons, 1. possibly replace the wheel, 2. I want to powder coat the housing.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I suppose it could be removed but it isn't intended to be serviced, and the roller is not sold separately (that I know of)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes after posting this and searching i was unable to find any replacement roller... I'd still like to powdercoat it but it needs to survive 400 F.... it does sit in between the cylinders but never used a laser temp on it before to see how hot the cylinders and it did get, either that or remove the roller without damage..

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Yes after posting this and searching i was unable to find any replacement roller... I'd still like to powdercoat it but it needs to survive 400 F.... it does sit in between the cylinders but never used a laser temp on it before to see how hot the cylinders and it did get, either that or remove the roller without damage..
While I understand the interest in powdercoating it, I just painted mine silver. It's not exactly in a spot that gets too much attention visually

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will likely go that route.. unless I had a spare to test it on first...haha, Thanks or the reply

·
Registered
506 Posts
the only option to replace that tensioner wheel that I have seen is from cappellini and it is too expensive to justify. Most of the tensioner wheels on these bikes are still usable even though they look a little worse for wear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts