Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
As my CB is stuck in the limbo of our registration process, I've been reading through the forum, hell of a lot of posts to get through. Anyhoo. I see that the CCT comes in for some considerable space and ink. I didn't realise that the tensioner wheel(s) were buried inside the engine, a much bigger job to replace than I thought. I am used to the CB72/7 CCT where the big, troublesome, wheel is an integral part of the tensioner adjustment casting and is easily removed. I dont suppose anyone has tried to retro fit that idea to the K series?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Engine designs changed over the years, and not always for the better in some areas. You'd have quite a bit of modification to come close to making something retrofit the 350 engine (assuming that's what you're talking about based on your old posts, since you didn't mention it). HT member oupa has machined a metal center roller and tensioner sprocket and will be trying it out on his build when he gets the engine back together, but the 350 top end definitely has to come apart to replace the pieces that wear out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts