Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought of this while i was "feeding" the cam chain through the cylinder head. It may already be known, but if not, thought it could be useful to some people.

While i had the cylinder head on the studs, held up by a pair of vice grips, i slid an unwound coat-hanger throuth the cam chain links to prevent the chain from falling into the crank case.

Attachments

·
Registered
703 Posts
If this fails you can use the coat hanger to fish the chain back out like I did.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yup - that's what I did . . .

. . . and make sure you put a very small hook at one end of the straightened coathanger. That way, in addition to preventing one end of the chain diving off at an inappropriate moment, you can poke it through the top of the head and use it to feed the camchain back across the inside.

Don't forget the easiest place to connect the chain up is at the rear of the head.

Neil

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i read a previous thread saying the best way to connect the cam chains in on the rear of the head. good advice neil thanks.
Anyone happen to know the torque spec on the cylinder head? i did a few searches and found zero results.

Today im timing the cams - a first for me. wish me luck
-Dan from south jersey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts