Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been slowly putting the pieces back together and yesterday I went to put the cables on, I realize this may be a silly question but where do you route the clutch cable? it seem's to want to run beside the head and that is just wrong all I can imagine is heat issues.

does it go along the frame (under the gas tank) then drop down? if so does it drop down between the carbs or on the outside of them? if someone has a picture that would be great.

I'm hoping to have everything done today, well sort of I still need to paint the tank and side covers.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Along the right side of the backbone I believe (under the tank) and down between the carbs. It's not the best setup as it creates what I consider to be too much angle as the cable enters the housing.

Here's a pic from a 71 or 72 CL450 at the Viking Chapter Antique Motorcycle Club's "Re-Cycle the '60s" vintage motorcycle show.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
That's how I ran mine too.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guy's
it does seem odd that way, but defiantly better then along the side of the head.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have made the mistake of using both a longer and shorter cable (its what i had at the time) and found they binded terribly. use the correct 450 cable routed between the rocker cover and the left carb is correct. be sure its the path of "least binding" and you'll find the clutch cable works just grand. danWI

1 - 5 of 5 Posts