Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am changing cables on my bike and wondering about length and routing. I've been shopping around and will probably buy from 4into1, their store site list the clutch cable as 47 1/4" housing length,as near as I figure mine is 53" and is routed around the right side fork and under the tank. My throttle cable is close to their length of 41 1/2" but mine comes out of the grip at a 45* angle and theirs at a 90*. It seems to me the logical routing would be through the center of the top tree. Is there anywhere that shows the factory routing? Here is a few pic's of my routing if I wasn't clear.

thumbnail (30).jpg
thumbnail (28).jpg
thumbnail (29).jpg

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
In looking at a picture of my CL450K4 from high school, I was surprised to see that the clutch cable was routed down the left side of the frame (along with the expected routing of the throttle cable). The other cables aren't as visible in the only picture I have of it, but I know that the only routing I did on the clutch cable when I assembled the bike out of the crate - in my Dad's garage, as I was allowed to buy it and take it home in the crate - was taking the cable from where it was from the factory, already connected at the engine end of course, and run it up to the clutch lever through the gap in the upper triple behind the gauges.

1972 CL450K4.jpg

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And yours ran under the tunnel of the tank looks like, mine is just out flapping in the breeze. Looks like 4into1 has a OEM 41.5" and two aftermarkets one 47.25" and another sold in a package, clutch and throttle cables that one is 45.25", which I think would be fine if I ran it through the top tree and under the tunnel of the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts