Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the original factory jet sizes should be on the Keihin pw22 single carburetor? Can't seem to get a good idle bike running too rich. Currently have a size 42 slow jet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that helps with my overall understanding of the jetting.
Was hoping to find someone who knows the original jet sizes that would have been in the 1966 305cc Dream single caburetor from the factory.

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
1963 Honda Dream 300
27 Posts
Hello Mike, I just finished restoring my ca77, I was having the same issues with my pw22 carb. My carb had a 38 idle jet and a 125 main jet which I could not get to work correctly. I had plug fouling issues with mine. The pw22 float level setting was correct and still had issues. I rebuilt the top end and still had plug fouling issues, so I then purchased a Mikuni vm22 which was my best move. It was a bit of a pain to install tho, I finally got it install and got it jetted perfectly now, I have a 30 idle jet and i took a 125 main jet and drilled it out to approximately 128. My plugs are burning a nice tan color now and she runs like a dream ! You may want to save yourself some aggravation and switch to the mikuni vm22, I can tell you what all you need to do to for this install as well to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts