Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a 1964 C92 Benly that I am using as a vintage race bike. Can any of you smart guys tell me how the oil gets from the cylinder head back down to the sump? I had new valve guides installed and the engine is burning oil like crazy. The backs of the valves are wet so oil appears to be coming down the guides. Is there any possibility that the cam box is getting filled with oil and not draining? There is a plate on the end of the camshaft that prevents oil from draining out of there down the timing chain gallery. Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found the cam box drain hole in the lower left corner of the box. It drains oil down into the cam chain gallery. The oil burning was caused by loose intake valve guides. The guides have a relieved area designed to connect to an air port to the carb. Unfortunately the relieved area takes up close to 1/3 of the total outside area of the guide, so they really need to fit the head tightly for a good seal. One of the intake guides had even moved upwards by a noticeable amount.

Stay tuned for info on the winter engine build. I was fortunate that this particular C92 (1964) has the 3 main bearing crank exactly like the CB92. Should be quite sturdy. Cheers. Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motorcycling Motorcycle racer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts