Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
I need to change the bars on my CB400T but am not sure what to change to.
Show more pics from different angles so I can see how yours turned out.
I had 27" X 4" X 4" on a CX500 and that worked for me on that bike.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nice bike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to change the bars on my CB400T but am not sujre what to change to.
Show more pics from different angles so I can see how yours turned out.
I had 27" X 4" X 4" on a CX500 and that worked for me on that bike.
I bought these from Dime City Cycles after doing a search of this site.
I wanted to cut about an inch off of each side to narrow them up a bit, but the cables were already longer than I would want.

One of these days, I will figure out how much shorter the cables need to be and how to go about that.
Too many more important things ahead of that on the to do list right now, like fork seals and rebuilding the carbs.

I will try to get a pic from behind the bike to give you a better idea what they are like.

I am also not totally sold on those particular bar end mirrors either. I will wait until after I redo the cables/shorten the bars to see if I can live with them.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Looks really good, nice bike.
Does the stock master cylinder work with these bars??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bars look good, the bar end mirrors will be ok for a periodic glance once you get the hang of moving your arm first.
I don't need to move my arm at all. You can mount these mirrors the opposite way so that they hang down, but then it would be an obstructed view.

They could stand to be a little bigger in diameter, but good enough for now. Next thing I will do it take that rotor off and hit it with the random orbit sander.
I installed some sintered brake pads, which helped, but the front brake still seriously sucks. I do plan on a stainless line also. One fire at a time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts