Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to send a warning about Alfa Heaven. They listed a CB360 tank on their site with the description reading that it did not have any dents or rust. I was extremely excited and ordered the tank. Once it arrived, I saw that it had two large dents on each side and had quite a bit of rust. I called the owner and asked what the return process was. He had a huge attitude and basically told me the "dents were just dings" and it wasn't that much rust despite what was advertised on the site. He begrudgingly told me to fedex it back and they would refund me. Well...they did refund me, minus shipping both ways because of a problem that was completely their fault.

Cost of tank: $40
Cost of shipping: $26

Don't deal with these guys.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
66replica said:
Just wanted to send a warning about Alfa Heaven. They listed a CB360 tank on their site with the description reading that it did not have any dents or rust. I was extremely excited and ordered the tank. Once it arrived, I saw that it had two large dents on each side and had quite a bit of rust. I called the owner and asked what the return process was. He had a huge attitude and basically told me the "dents were just dings" and it wasn't that much rust despite what was advertised on the site. He begrudgingly told me to fedex it back and they would refund me. Well...they did refund me, minus shipping both ways because of a problem that was completely their fault.

Cost of tank: $40
Cost of shipping: $26

Don't deal with these guys.
Sorry to here about this, i am still amazed at the number of shoddy dealers out there still in business :x

Hey guys why is this happing to our members :( I'm sure some on this site has a CB360 tank or knows of one for sale.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
I have a tank for a 73 CB350G that I think would fit although it wouldn't be quite correct. Plenty of rust but solid, 1 small dent (ding?) and it's very PURPLE. It's yours for shipping & packaging.

73 CB350 part # is 17050-369-740XX

75 CB360 part # is 17050-344-000XX

They appear to use the same mountings but are cosmetically different. Perhaps Bill or Steve would comment on the "fitology".

Pictures of mine are in the CB350 Parts thread under Parts for sale.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
They don't exactly swap but can be made to fit by adding a front cushion bar/tube in a different location.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Tom at Alfa Heaven is up the road from me 2 hours. He has ALWAYS been gruff bordering on mean but he also knows he's got rare rare parts that many of us motoheads are wanting/needing. I am not welcome there but a buddy of mine is not only welcome but also buys parts without the hassles. prices are always HIGH and if you complain, then no sale. The funny thing is: this is the first time i've heard of bunk parts! In th past, he has advertized pretty accurately. Maybe he's trying to move a bunch of parts? dont really know.

So, as the header states: BUYER BEWARE! you never know what you'll get from Alfa Heaven.
danWI

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
danWI said:
Tom at Alfa Heaven is up the road from me 2 hours. He has ALWAYS been gruff bordering on mean but he also knows he's got rare rare parts that many of us motoheads are wanting/needing. I am not welcome there but a buddy of mine is not only welcome but also buys parts without the hassles. prices are always HIGH and if you complain, then no sale. The funny thing is: this is the first time i've heard of bunk parts! In th past, he has advertized pretty accurately. Maybe he's trying to move a bunch of parts? dont really know.

So, as the header states: BUYER BEWARE! you never know what you'll get from Alfa Heaven.
danWI

"No Soup For You!", eh Dan.

Man, I wish I had that luxury in my business. :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
or more specifically:

NO EARLY YAMAHA PARTS FOR YOU!
yuk-yuk

oh poor me :?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts