Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for the felt seals for my GL carbs and someone pointed me to this web site which has a lot of great parts for all different carbs. I haven't tried them yet but I'll be ordering the (expensive) felt seals. I'll post it up if I have any problems.

http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Throttle ... s_C680.cfm

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
A $6 hole punch kit from Harbour Freight, and a $1 square of felt from a fabric shop...
Enough material for hundreds of seals......Holes don't have to be a perfect size, just close, the felt stretches a bit..... Good for the oiling blocks for the points as well (two layers, folded).........

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I was going to suggest the exact same thing Steve but I figured "aw hell, he already bought the things anyway.. I decided not to say anything.

A set of the hole punches from Harbor Freight and a regular paper hole punch would probably work at making some nice rings...

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
439 Posts
hole punches have revolutionize my rebuilds! i make my own gaskets and felts these days.... which saves me hours of ebay search times! a big salute to the simple hole punch! :p

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
One could always use an animal ear punch as well if they're worried about one lasting very long or tearing up the wifes paper hole punch...

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Oh come on Bill... You're from the midwest. You have to know what an animal ear punch is. For tagging livestock..

Some look like this and some look like a regular paper hole punch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts