Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
I had my bike on the road but one day, and the cone in the spark plug boot slipped out without my knowledge and the bike started missing, so I pulled over, and due to where I was, I had to go just bit farther to pull over. I pulled over. Noticed it gone and later went to go get new boots. Ignition was kicking in and out of full power and then just died. I open up to the points to start investigating, and the timing is out of whack. I investigate further, the cam shaft's end is busted. Now, obviously I must get a new one, but please help me and let me know EVERYTHING I need to check/know for this project, being that I am a new guy to all this, and I consider all my new found knowledge on bikes sacred. Thank you so much,

Matthew

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, could I have done that when I was tightening the center bolt earlier? ALthough that doesnt seem possible...

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Matthew....We'll need a picture to determine if you broke it, or it just broke, and maybe why....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you got it sir. Ill try and get one up soon. It was outside the head, it broke right behind the points.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
I can't imagine forged steel "breaking" from tightening the bolt.... The bolt yes, the camshaft no, (or not usually)... was the shaft dropped that you know of?....This is a first for me.... :?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I couldnt believe it either. It might have been dropped, but I have no clue. I don't believe it is broken on the inside of the engine , because when I turn the stator it still rotates smoothly, but then again, I am not an expert by any means. Ill put up some pictures soon and see what you think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts