Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
It's a cooling fin damper to dampen vibrations from breaking the fins on the head. Not sure of location though

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx. I thought it went somewhere like that. I’ll pull schematics. Painted engine today.. Turned out pretty dang good I must say..

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
I think I remember a part like that on my 81 CM400C it was placed to keep the clutch cable from coming in contact with the cylinder head fins on the right hand side of the engine.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just looked at schematic, it’s called an insulator cable. If you’re sitting on bike it is on your right hand side of engine, that’s about all I can figure out...

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Right, front, bottom, outer corner of the cylinder, goes on the second fin from the bottom @1/4" back from the actual corner.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Here's a pic of what Jim's saying.... vibration cushion.jpg

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
...it’s called an insulator cable.
Certainly not to nit-pick, just to clarify - but the part descriptions from Honda's fiches have generally been in alphabetical order by "proper" noun form for the most part, with the terms separated by a comma. It's actually called "insulator, cable" which puts the description of what it's insulating after the part itself (the noun), like the base gasket listed as "gasket, cylinder" or the half-rings that hold the transmission bearings in place in the upper case of a 350 and 450 twin - "ring, set" which, of course, is a set ring... just FYI

1 - 11 of 11 Posts