Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a reason that the right side condenser would keep going bad while running? I went for a ride the other day and 10 minutes into it the bike started to bog down. Once I got back home I popped the points cover off and the right points were arcing wildly. I switched condenser leads and the problem moved to the left points. I had another set of condensers so I put them on, fired up and took off. Again about ten minutes in, it bogged down again. Once home again, I popped the points cover and same story.

What is going on? The left coil is brand new (4into1). The right coil looks quite new and looks the same as the 4into1 coil. I ohmed it out and it checked good but I’m not sure how old it is. I’ve had the bike for 2 years. I hate to blindly throw new parts at a problem without knowing the cause.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep both sets were grounded well. I’m about to head to autozone to get a few brand new condensers. I’m kind of expecting that I’ll blow another but If I do then I’ll swap coils (L/R) and see if the problem follows the coil.

I’ll report back!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts