Honda Twins banner

Built Velocity Stacks, now need to relocate battery

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  poorracerkid 
#1 ·
Hi y'all, I am working on a new to me 1980 400t I got from a friend for the best possible price (free). The stock airbox is long gone and the bike came with some cheap pods. Per the thread in the fuel section I have made some ~3" velocity stacks out of schedule 10 pvc to get the cheap pods the bike came with to work and went through the carbs with 90/125 jetting and one needle as described. The problem I have now is the dang pods protrude to the space the battery is supposed to go. Does anyone have a workaround? I presume the best solution is to move the battery somewhere it won't interfere with the new air filter location. Any advice as to the best way to go about this? Not looking for show winning quality (aesthetics mean nothing to me) just trying to get the bike on the road so I can enjoy it.

#4 ·
If you decide to get that one, contact the seller first. I don't see any boots from the carbs to the airbox in that listing. IIRC the boots only come with the airbox, not separately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.