Honda Twins banner

201 - 207 of 207 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Hey Tom,
Thought ya would have been done by now!! Haha;)
Having fun looking through what I've missed. Gonna be a fun bike.
Closing in on 10k posts too, wonder how many old Honda's you've had a hand in getting back on the road at this point...
Cheers
Thanks - yeah, there's been a lull in effort during the holidays and I've had to get going on some yard projects I promised my wife (and she deserves it putting up with me and my bikes). I hope I've helped a few people, and it's been fun getting to almost 10,000... but I've only been here 3 years, there are many more here who have done this years longer than I have. I'll be around as long as they'll have me :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #203 (Edited)
Chris (HT member 12ozPBR) had a little time before his next job and came to visit the flatlands. Since apparently there aren't any around here, I finally had another 450 to ride with... and everywhere we went, people had great difficulty realizing that both bikes were based on the same engine. :) We got a couple of nice riding days in for a total of about 160 miles, stopping occasionally at an archaeological find...

...or at an abandoned antique vehicle...

...or even at an isolated lagoon on the Withlacoochee River...

...rife with dangerous creatures...

no, these dangerous creatures...

went by the local Sunday morning hangout, but on Saturday (and I actually got a compliment on my 450 from a Harley rider who was leaving and took the time to ride over to it for a 15 second look)

we took too many wrong turns and missed Wrong Turn Road, but ended up back home anyway

and I meant to add that there was a fair amount of garage, errr, PBR time along the way
(and a big shout out to Isaias for the fabulous Bomber prints on the wall!)

·
Super Moderator
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Thanks Perry, it was... we got in some nice riding and Chris got to see a lot of fun rural roads here with little to no traffic most of the time - and I was even able to plan rides between gas stations to refill my tiny tank. Bought gas twice in one day when we went 97 miles, barely over a gallon each time! :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
It was definitely a fun trip. Tom and his wife were very kind and gracious hosts keeping me accommodated and well fed. Beautiful weather for riding too. The roads are interesting down there because you have long straightaways where you can really wind the bike out then many sharp 90 degree turns to gear down and navigate. Great expanses of rural landscape along with lakes and swamps, even a state forest and wildlife area to ride near. More curves and hills than I ever imagined being in Florida. I did my best to chase Tom and his Little Red Monster on each ride, winding out my 450 and pushing it to redline multiple times. Fun times indeed. I told Tom that he and his wife should open a vintage Honda B&B!

·
Super Moderator
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
You're too kind Chris, and it was a pleasure having you around for a few days. My wife is the greatest, as I spent a lot more time with Chris for most of that week than her :ROFLMAO: and it was great having someone to ride with that didn't have modern, fuel-injected really fast stuff to ride... so few vintage bikes around here, it's ridiculous!

201 - 207 of 207 Posts