Honda Twins banner

161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
freedomgli said:
I suspect most people are reusing the inner collars (52141-286-000) but are you guys replacing your original rubber cups (52144-356-005 and 52145-329-000) that go between the frame and the swingarm?

What about the bushings (50157-286-300) in the frame backbone?
To answer my own question, I was not able to source new replacement inner rubber seals (52145-329-000) to go between the swingarm and frame backbone so I ended up cleaning and reusing my old ones. It's not perfect but it's better than nothing. I did find the outer metal reinforced rubber cups (52144-356-005) but they cost like $14 each. I ended up sourcing new inner collars from Sunter Honda. The new ones measured identical to my old ones. I probably could have gotten away with reusing them. But the old ones had a lot of surface marks and corrosion so when I put everything back together I used the new ones since I had them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Emailed Bob Thursday night, PayPal'ed him Friday. Got my bushings for my CB360 today (Monday)! They look great, Bob also said that he made a run and has some in stock so if you're looking for CB360 bushings now is the time!

·
Registered
661 Posts
I just sent Bob an email. Hopefully he has a set for the CB350's that isn't listed on the CBX site or is planning on another run.

·
Registered
661 Posts
He wrote me back and while he doesn't have any available right now he is taking pre-orders and will be making about 25 sets which should be ready in the next 3-4 weeks. Just waiting on the invoice so I can pre-order my set.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
If you knew the dimensions you might find that these bushes are available as a standard part from a bearings vendor.

For example, I bought these bushes for my CL175, after I foolishly melted the original hard rubber bushes at the powder coaters.

AL2026-20 Oil Filled Bronze Flanged Bush 20x26x20mm - on Ebay, around 20UKP for a set of four.

DSCF1841.JPG

DSCF1846.JPG

The steel sleeves were a sliding fit before I pressed the bushes into the swing arm, but needed a quick ream with a 20mm blacksmiths bit once fitted, to keep the nice sliding fit. I also needed to file down the outer flanges a little, otherwise the swing arm pivot was binding when the bolt was tightened.

DSCF1850.JPG

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok, Im redoing my swingarm bushings, is there anything that replaces the need for a pivot bushing? I recently bought a bronze thrust bushing on ebay and I believe it only replaces the stock plastic thrust bushing, i still would need to use a new pivot bushing.
Any suggestions?
1974 CB450 Late model

161 - 172 of 172 Posts