Honda Twins banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,316 Posts
Started a different thread for the frontend swap.
Not being critical in any way - but your thread title says "Restoring..."

GSXR front end? I mean, I can appreciate the modern strength and functionality as well as braking capability, but it kills the "restore" aspect :confused: makes it a restomod

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here’s mine ! 1974 Cb360k0
Got this earlier this year, absolutely no motorcycle experience.
1500 miles when I bought it, didn’t run. Replaced carb diaphragm, and has run great since then.
Doing a huge overhaul on new parts and upgrades this upcoming summer, so excited !
Keep us updated on your build !!

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Not being critical in any way - but your thread title says "Restoring..."

GSXR front end? I mean, I can appreciate the modern strength and functionality as well as braking capability, but it kills the "restore" aspect :confused: makes it a restomod
Agree with you. My long term goal is to do Cafe racer.

I want to get it to a road ready with stock components.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Here’s mine ! 1974 Cb360k0
Got this earlier this year, absolutely no motorcycle experience.
1500 miles when I bought it, didn’t run. Replaced carb diaphragm, and has run great since then.
Doing a huge overhaul on new parts and upgrades this upcoming summer, so excited !
Keep us updated on your build !!
Looks nice. 1500 miles is like a NOS.

·
Super Moderator
10,316 Posts
Agree with you. My long term goal is to do Cafe racer.

I want to get it to a road ready with stock components.
Then a modern front end will give you the leg up on handling as long as your geometry is right. Not to mention better braking too. Smart to get things sorted out while in stock mode

·
Registered
183 Posts
I will be watching this thread to learn. Like you I have a 360 with no carbs or air filters and lots of other missing pieces. Its been sitting in the garage for several months and probably won't get to it for a while.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I was thinking of buying a ultrasonic cleaner to clean the carburetor, but didn't want to spend too much money. This is how I ended up cleaning the carbs.

o Cleaned with water with water hose to remove lose dirt
o Sprayed SimpleGreen purple full strength degreaser and brushed off excess gunk
o Water hosed the entire carb and dried
o Disassembled the carbs and dipped it in Berryman Products 0996-ARM B-9 Chem Dip Parts Cleaner
o After 15 mins, took it out, cleaned the body with steel wool
o Washed it with hot water in a sink and dried
o Cleaned everything with carburetor cleaner spray
o Used guitar string to ensure all the Jets and emulsifiers are clear and not clogged
o Piston valves were stuck and I had to force them out. There were some hard gunk in the surface and I again used some degreaser and steelwool to ensure surface is smooth
o Reassembled everything and hope it works.

This was my first rebuild of carbs and now I understand why people say it's simple. Though, it was overwhelming in the beginning

21 - 40 of 70 Posts