Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this in April of 2017. This is my first project and I knew only little about the bikes, carbs, etc,..
I got busy with other things and I didn't get a chance to work on this until now, but have been reading through many posts, videos and now looks like I've enough knowledge to get this one started. I had posted these pics earlier, but didn't have a project log.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This I've done so far:
o I've replaced the ignition keys, all (except instrument panel bulbs) the bulbs with LEDs
o installed the cheap regulator-rectifier suggested in this forum - Not tested, as bike is still not running
o Replaced the Ignition points with Tytronics electronic ignition. Not done the timing yet
o Tested the starter motor. Need to connect the starter relay and test if the starter is working fine
o I may have to troubleshoot some wiring issues

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After a clean up

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Checked the basic electricals:
Ignition key is working and both the switches works fine. I couldn't check the start switch, since I wasn't able to figure out the start switch red-yellow wire, that connects to the starter solenoid.

Connected the solenoid to 12V and it turned the engine. Now, I just need to find the red-yellow wire.

·
Sensei
26,360 Posts
You mean the YELLOW wire with the RED stripe......
Juncture to 360 main harness is in the rubber "boot" at the front left of the fuel tank.....

Phone if you like.......

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'm planning for a frontend swap. Based on what I've read in other parts/comments by crazy PJ and others, the below is possible:

o Stock hub
o 2006 GSXR forks
o CBR600*brake rotors*and*calipers
o Stock wheel - I'm thinking of going with WM3 2.15 X 19 for both front and rear.Does anyone see fitment issue with these rims?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ordered
o [https://cdn]GSX-R Fork on Honda CB350 - CB360 Frame Conversion Stem from cognito motor for front end conversion.
o 2006 GXSR 600 frontend
o Nissin brake calipers and MC from 2004 cbr600rr

PJ, I need your guidance to figure out how to adapt the rotors. Stock is 4 hole and the cbr600 rotors have 6 holes.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts