Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on getting new tires/rims for my CB350 and was wondering which is a better option (cheapest, easiest, performance) for brakes. I should be able to use the drums that came on it, but if I can, should I swap to disc brakes instead?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
If you're not racing the bike, just clean/de-rust the drum surfaces, and put new EBC shoes in. Get the setup right on the wheel installation and linkage adjustment (there's a post somewhere here outlining the procedure) and you'll have a front brake that has more stopping power than the front discs used on the 350 and 360. No hassle with brake fluid, calipers, stuck pistons, etc., either. The downside is the drum brake will fade faster than a disc, so if you're a racer or canyon carver, a disc might be better. For the rear brake, just replace the shoes and clean the drum. There's absolutely no need for a rear disc brake.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
I am planning on getting new tires/rims for my CB350 and was wondering which is a better option (cheapest, easiest, performance) for brakes. I should be able to use the drums that came on it, but if I can, should I swap to disc brakes instead?
Performance wise, properly set up drum brakes perform the same or slightly better than that era disk brake.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts