Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a master cylinder kit and caliper rebuild kit for a 74 CB450 K7. Can't find any but I'm sure they are out there. Suggestions?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
hi,

I strongly recommend ditching any effort to rebuild the stock m/c and instead, use that $ to purchase an aftermarket m/c with a built in switch thing. I did this awhile back and it saved me during my minor accident/mishap. The lever feel is stronger and combined with the custom steel lines I installed it will perform better than stock, even if the m/c was carefully rebuilt. Good luck! ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got the master cylinder rebuild kit and once I got the cylinder apart it appears that it has too much internal pitting to rebuild. Crud. I noticed 4 into 1 has a Kawasaki master cylinder which they claim will work but it won't look correct. Anyone know of a repo piece? My Google fu seems to weak today. I do have one off a 500 Honda but it may be as bad as the other one. I plan on taking it apart tomorrow to see. Thanks

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Can you find a used one? I saw where someone wrapped a wad of fine steel wool around a stick or something, and chucked in a drill and honed it out, flooded with wd-40 or something. Don't throw the pitted one out. I think they can be re sleeved pretty easy. And good idea wanting to keep it stock. They are a nice looking brake, and work just fine if in good shape.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I did find a used one. rebuilt it this morning, however it was silver. I repainted it but will use the cap with he lettering from the old one. FYI I used John Deere blitz black paint which is a very close match to the OEM color.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts