Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

I'm just installing a disc brake on my CB350.
I want to buy some good brake pads that will work the best. They will be EBC .
I wondered if the Sintered more costly ones (orange / red colour) or the cheaper organic pads (Black) are the way to go?
Just as I had race pads on a bike before and they were so awful around town. They just ended up scoring the disc to F$&*! they were so hard and they were meant to get hot on a circuit and build up temperature to work properly. But around town braking for any corner, it was Pull the S*(t out of the lever and hope to stop as it squeels like #@&$ .
Are these different?
Talk now or forever hold your silence.. (maybe someone will come along and say I should have stuck with the drum because they brake better lol

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
I use the black ones and they work well. The sintered will wear the disk. If you are racing, the sintered would work better, but for street, the black are fine.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
No disrespect to Richard but I don't worry about disk wear with sintered pads. I've had several bikes running sintered pads & while they do wear the rotor more than other pads I've never had to replace a disc because of it. I'm looking for pads right now too. HH pads from EBC are easy to find but I remember seeing ceramic pads from one manufacturer. Had them on another bike & liked them a lot...they don't require heat like other pads to get max braking.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
No offense taken. My point was that the standard organic pads work well. I have good feel and consistent stops.

I had sintered prior to the organic, and the organic seem to be a little smoother.

Since we have fairly slow bikes, the organic pads are fine. We don't brake hard enough from ultra high speeds to warrant the features of sintered.

If you are going to race, then the sintered have an advantage. Normal street riding really doesn't take advantage of sintered pads.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts