Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's just a frame and two wheels as of yet, but it's all new and was soooooo cheep. It's been sitting in a mates warehouse for 18 months as a replacement for a broken frame he had. Long story, cut short, it took over a year for the insurance, etc to get it together ,so he welded the frame and sold it on ;) bought a new Cannonade, so this was spare with new wheels and at 100 skins how could i pass it up :D
My wife is really looking forward to going riding again, she has lost most of her sight in the last 10 years so hasen't been able to do any riding and i'm looking forward to the build up :roll:

Rod from OZ

·
Registered
176 Posts
Man, that is really awesome. I'm sorry to hear your wife's losing her sight but this is a reminder that there is still plenty in life to enjoy! I have a buddy with no vision at all, and he is more accomplished than many sighted people I know. He plays sax in about 10 bands, plays bass in two bands, and teaches music to blind children at a school here in Austin.

I look forward to seeing this bike completed and hearing your riding stories :)

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bone said:
Man, that is really awesome. I'm sorry to hear your wife's losing her sight but this is a reminder that there is still plenty in life to enjoy! I have a buddy with no vision at all, and he is more accomplished than many sighted people I know. He plays sax in about 10 bands, plays bass in two bands, and teaches music to blind children at a school here in Austin.

I look forward to seeing this bike completed and hearing your riding stories :)
Hey some people call it a disability, some people call it life and just adapt. Time flies and we have been looking for a tandem and just never got around to it, but now all the pressure is back on me to get it together. The great thing about starting with a bare frame is we can build it to our specs, hydraulic disks etc.

Does your mate work for the "Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired" I've a good friend (single Ozzy chick :D ) working there and have met several of the staff over the years. They do brilliant inventive work that makes me wonder what the rest of us are doing with our lives :roll:

Rod from OZ :cool:

·
Registered
176 Posts
otr002 said:
Does your mate work for the "Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired" I've a good friend (single Ozzy chick :D ) working there and have met several of the staff over the years. They do brilliant inventive work that makes me wonder what the rest of us are doing with our lives :roll:
He does in fact work there. Funny thing, he just spent a month in Australia to meet an Ozzy chick he's known online for years. Now I hear she's moving here... if you say your friend's name is Teonie, then small world, my friend :)

Yeah, I spent a couple weeks living at my friend's place during the initial explosion of my divorce, and there is nothing better than watching a blind person totally excel to make you realize your problems are very tiny in comparison.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bone said:
otr002 said:
He does in fact work there. Funny thing, he just spent a month in Australia to meet an Ozzy chick he's known online for years. Now I hear she's moving here... if you say your friend's name is Teonie, then small world, my friend :)

Yeah, I spent a couple weeks living at my friend's place during the initial explosion of my divorce, and there is nothing better than watching a blind person totally excel to make you realize your problems are very tiny in comparison.
Sorry to many coincidences ;) Lea is her name and she's a teacher there, strange place we live in, I met a Blind musician from the US earlier in the year his name was Duel, big tall dark (can i say that) bloke and spoke so quite it was a awesome contrast, the school kids were in awe of him and would have followed him to the end of the world :lol:

Rod

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just bought the seats and crank sets :D

FSA Gossamer

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just recieved the eccentric bottom bracket and cranks etc from the US today and am very happy so far :D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts