Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening,

A crazy bet!

Student, broke, without a single notion of mechanics (if not the biomechanics of the human body), without a single tool, without workshop, without barn… he spent money that he does not have…. To buy a 1976 Honda CB 360 !! Good idea or bad idea? Only time will tell !

The objective? Explore Europe. Travel peacefully with the tent, the sleeping bag well attached ... you know the story

The principle, being able to manage its maintenance / repair is even from A to Z. yes I prepare for the worst, so what better way to learn, than a small restoration?

I assure you, I do not start from 0! Already, it starts, it rolls, it shifts gears, it brakes (by "squeaking" a little, but it's osteoarthritis, you mustn't blame him, soon the infiltration…)

In view of this diagnosis, it is planned to carry out all of the revisions found at the end of the workshop manual! Already parts on the way.
After having checked all the safety elements will come the cosmetic surgery (which will consist mainly in, rub, rub and rub again so that it shines).

I leave you a small photo! Ah yes, I did not want a new motorcycle, I wanted the least electronics and then this little CB is so beautiful.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Higuma, welcome! You have a very nice 360. You also have great plans for it. You can keep us all up to date on your travels. The nice thing about early Honda cb’s is their wonderful mechanical design. You are correct ......simple electrical and no computer!!! With a Honda Factory service manual you should be able to handle most all repairs .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts