Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rebuilding my Bomber. Took the starter motor apart. It was working fine. I found a little rust throughout. And, one of the springs was rusted through, broken.

My point....even if yours is working, moisture can get into them and something can break.

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
Ric..... I have a crappy old 305 Superhawk starter you can have for parts if you want it... If it's not identical, it's at least close in appearance to a bomber starter......May have some useful bits..... Steve

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
66Sprint said:
Ric..... I have a crappy old 305 Superhawk starter you can have for parts if you want it... If it's not identical, it's at least close in appearance to a bomber starter......May have some useful bits..... Steve
ThX Steve but not necessary. I ordered new Honda pistons and rings yesterday and for an additional 35 bucks I sprung for two new springs and brushes. The Honda pistons and rings cost was astronomical !
:shock: Oh well...my Black Bomber resto has turned into a 95%'er. Just as well, I love and enjoy driving it. Might as well make her new again.

p.s....I didn't get the letter sent out today but I have it right here in my hand, will hit the mailbox in the morning on the way to work. I want to get by the post office this week to see if the first sent roller is there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts