Honda Twins banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm asking everyone here if they might have a Bomber Manual (CB450 4-speed) they could donate to The Cause.
I don't have one, and haven't seen one for sale anywhere on the internet or at EBay.
I would pay shipping in both directions, then non-destructively scan it, and of course provide you with a cd of the finished product.
I'll get it done as quickly as possible and return it to you in the same condition it was when you sent it.
This way it could be made available to everyone who needs it.
I have a massive collection of Honda manuals, but this is one I don't have, and have had a number of requests for it.

Any help??

bill

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
tbpmusic said:
I'm asking everyone here if they might have a Bomber Manual (CB450 4-speed) they could donate to The Cause.
I don't have one, and haven't seen one for sale anywhere on the internet or at EBay.
I would pay shipping in both directions, then non-destructively scan it, and of course provide you with a cd of the finished product.
I'll get it done as quickly as possible and return it to you in the same condition it was when you sent it.
This way it could be made available to everyone who needs it.
I have a massive collection of Honda manuals, but this is one I don't have, and have had a number of requests for it.

Any help??

bill
Are you talking about the Service Manual or the Parts Manual. I think I've got a Parts Manual and maybe an Owner's Manual. I'll have to make sure. Bill ;)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
tbpmusic said:
I'm looking for the service manual, Bill.
I haven't seen one for a very loooooong time.

Sorry Bill, can't help with that one. I do think I know someone who would though. Gordon (Ilbikes) over on SOHC4 has done a complete, Very Thorough Restoration on a Bomber and did a Bang Up Job on a 450 that most folks would not have even considered using parts off of. Check with him. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Hi Bill,
Chris here in the UK.Is this the one your'e looking for? Its about 170 pages,the original honda SHOP manual or is a SERVICE manual smaller?
Regards Chris.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GAMD5 said:
Hi Bill,
Chris here in the UK.Is this the one your'e looking for? Its about 170 pages,the original honda SHOP manual or is a SERVICE manual smaller?
Regards Chris.

I was hoping you'd see this, Chris. I suspected you might have one, what with all your Bombers.

That should be the one - is it the 4-speed manaul??
What's the date on it??

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
It is 4 speed Super Sports "Honda 450"says on FOREWARD page prepared for the benefit of the mechanics & distributors but no dates stamped on it at all. Regards Chris.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Bill ,I meant to ask you if you have any parts list or workshop manual /info for a GB400 as pic.I think this model was produced for the home market and New Zealand. Regards Chris.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chris-

That sounds like the right (Bomber) manual - mind loaning it to me for a while??

As for the GB400, I have nothing on it at all - I've never even seen one of them, just a few photos, sorry.....

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Hi Bill,
If you let me have your address I'll get a tracked price first from post office next week as costs to USA are horrendous.Due to rareity I'd only use a tracked service.They do come on ebay.com a few times a year and always make well over £50.00 Leave a while if you'd rather look around first, but I'll lend it you if you are stuck. Regards Chris.
P.S. I've got two original copies,would you mind if I sent the rather grubby one,its still perfectly readable but I'd hate to lose the best one,I've really no faith in the post office.Regards Chris.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
GAMD5 said:
It is 4 speed Super Sports "Honda 450"says on FOREWARD page prepared for the benefit of the mechanics & distributors but no dates stamped on it at all. Regards Chris.
Have a look on the back-bottom-right it will have, 66.1 etc and 3000 Printed in japan. The 66 is the year, the 1 is the month and the 3000 is the price in YEN. My copy is Jan 1966...

Does yours still have the fold outs in the back??

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RMCrump1 said:
Bill:
Did you ever get a copy of the Bomber manual? I found one if you still want to scan it.
Richard

No, never managed to lay my hands on a Bomber manual - I'd appreciate the chance to copy it.

PM me..........

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
otr002 said:
GAMD5 said:
Have a look on the back-bottom-right it will have, 66.1 etc and 3000 Printed in japan. The 66 is the year, the 1 is the month and the 3000 is the price in YEN. My copy is Jan 1966...

Does yours still have the fold outs in the back??
Hi Rod ,My copy is 66.3 does still have foldouts in back and price went up to 7000Yen!!!Regards Chris.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts