Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Black Bomber main switch, where the key goes, has four positions can someone please tell me what each position is for going in a clockwise direction?
This bike came in a box and the wiring loom is an awful mess. Thanks, Allan

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Can't guarantee correct order, but the four positions usually are park, off, on, on + lights....To sort positions, key can be removed in park and in off.....

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I have to say that is interesting. I believe that original K0 had a 5 position key switch which was off, ignition, pilot, main, park.
My frame number is 10106** first registered in the UK in 1967.

If it has a 4 position its likely that it has been changed up at some stage, not that its a problem as it was impossible to ride safely with just the pilot on.
I have this diagram which is for my 450 K0 with no indicators, I do have one that has the indicators wires included if you need it.

The diaqgram shows the type 1 ignition with just the 1 coil, but that is the only the difference. I have the type 2 with twin coils and points, which I suspect you also might have.

Good luck and may the force be with you

[attachment=0:3e1i5n86]CB-CL450(4speed)a.jpg[/attachment:3e1i5n86]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
There is a wiring diagram I put in 450 technical documents which may help you with lettering that should be on the correct type 5 position switch i.e. including off as 1 position.i.e. as Nigel says going clockwise:- Position 0-Off key pulls out,Position1-Ignition ,Position2-Ign & sidelights,Position3-Ign & mainlights (dipped & hight beam switch on handlebars)Position 4- parking lights key pulls out.Hope that helps Regards Chris.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys, The switch definitely has four positions the number on the main switch and the steering lock is T1346 and the frame number is CB450-1027177, and it does not have turning indicators. The key will pull out on the first position and the last so they must be Off and Park, which means 2 is ignition and 3 is ignition + lights. I will work on that. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did a bit of work over the weekend and 1=off, 2=ignition, 3=ignition+lights and 4=park works out. Just a bit of tidying up and the wiring will be done, but still lots more to do before the bike runs.
About Christmas time it should be done and that is when we have our best riding weather.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Ok glad your'e sorting things out. Would like to see pics of your'e bomber on this site please ,the more the better even if not yet finished.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts