Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the clutch lifter rod on the K0 Bomber the same as on the later model 450's? If not does anyone know how long the Bomber lifter rod is supposed to be? Thanks!

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
I BELIEVE (not 100% sure) that all the 450/500T clutch pushrods are interchangable, and the 283 (four speed) to 292 (five speed) and then 323 were essentially supersedes..... But let's wait on the "Bomber" guys to weigh in...

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bomber clutch push rod 22850-283-000 is half an inch shorter than the later model push rod 22850-292-020. Hope this helps someone else some day.
By the way the rear sprocket cover/drive chain cover on the bomber is also different to the later models.

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
Good info.... I knew the covers were different (differing spacing as well) but didn't know or even suspect the pushrod would be shorter....... ;)

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
can the 292 be cut to size? But, I think the end is shaped to take a bearing?

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
"One end is concave (shift lever side), the other is convex......."
Bill..., That's almost a line from an old limerick..... LMAO! (Private Joke)....
Remind to e-mail it to you.... Steve

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could have cut a 292 to size but decided instead to turn one up using 8mm mild steel rod with both ends case hardened. Seems to work well but I shall keep an eye on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts