Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone;
Your basic newcomer here in the process of trying to get a K0 back on the road. At first I was going to do a carb clean, oil change and point and valve adjustment to get it running and go from there. That changed when I pulled the carbs off and found heavy carbon deposits in the intake tract on the RH cylinder. I am assuming from this that I have a significant issue with the RH intake valve and decided to bite the bullet and pull the engine for a look see. Hopefully I can get that started in the near future. In the meantime, I have been gathering parts and reading up on the process. One initial question I have relates to the K0 carbs. I have read that they were a problem and were redesigned on the K1 and later 450's. Are they really that bad and has anyone swapped the K0 carbs for K1 and later carbs with good results? If so, did you use the K0 jetting or K1 and later jetting as a starting point?
Thanks in advance for all the help.
Richard

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a '68 KO (4 speed) with stock carbs and I like them. I was having trouble with it running rich so I rebuilt the carbs last week.

Took totally apart, cleaned use carb cleaner, replaced the float needle valves but kept the same jets. I think the later carbs were tuned a bit more rich for the 5 speed. My bike has 125 main jet but my rebuild kit came with 130.

Here's a pic of the worn float needle valves. Note the ring around the tip which allowed fuel to fill the float too high and run rich.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts