Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not stand the look of my stock blinkers. I am sure they are wide for reason but I wanted them closer to the headlight. My headlight mount ears are more like dog ears and have some bends in them and the blinkers were looking like Marty Feldman's eyes. I pulled them off and cut off about 1.5" off the blinker stalk so they will sit flush against the stem nut. I used a dremmel to cut a new groove for the attachment bolt to slide through. The clamped on nice and the slot is snug enough that the turn signal could not turn if it wanted. It took a photo of it half done and the end project. I noticed now I can rotate my Clubmans down to a much more comfortable position as the turn signal was blocking the clutch lever and the brake master cylinder. About an hour total.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I did the same thing front and back on my 360 a few weeks ago. It keeps the old school big blinker lights but gives it a sleeker look.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ironically I was planning to do the same thing this week on my 200. Are the stalks on your bike tapered? do they get bigger near the headlight ear? If so does the turn signal fit ok around it as where its mounted on the stalk now is a larger diameter?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
75cb200t said:
Ironically I was planning to do the same thing this week on my 200. Are the stalks on your bike tapered? do they get bigger near the headlight ear? If so does the turn signal fit ok around it as where its mounted on the stalk now is a larger diameter?

I was worried about the same thing, my stalks are not tapered and the blinker fit great. I cut them to the length I wanted which put the blinker body about 1/16" away the outside nut on the stalk. Once I had them on I figured out where I needed to cut a groove to insert the pinch bolt. You just grind a little slot big enough for the bolt to barely get through which should be the same distance from the end the factory end had but do not go all the way around this time. This will then keep the blinker from trying to turn on the stalk also, you will see once you have it on, the bolt will not go through to clamp it on to the stalk with out this groove. The factory stalk has a groove running all the way around for adjustment with out loosening the bolt at the ear but this mod removes this ability and you just have to adjust the entire unit with the attachment bolt, no big deal.

Let me know if you have question but I think you will figure it out if I did. My bars are so much better now that the blinker is out of the way. I also move my throttle and clutch cable as the PO had them running over the tach/speedo mount and they were pretty stretched once I rotated the bars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts