Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Doesn't seem that unfriendly to me, sounds like he wants to avoid tire kickers and low ballers. IF you want the bikes you gotta play his way! 500/4 and the 350F look good, looks like they both hav original exhaust although the underside is usally where the rot is! 350G was the disc brake variant.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"If you would like more pictures then please send an email with your phone number so that we can arrange for you to visit and take pictures"? :-D The pictures are not all that good. I'm kind of interested but it's a couple of hours away. I don't think it's super unreasonable to ask for better pictures before driving 2h... I can understand he doesn't want to spend his time taking pictures of course but it's a one time thing for each bike, you have them, next guy who asks boom you send them...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:p I'll stop bitching and I'll contact him about those CB350s then... If I'm lucky and I ask nicely he might send me a few more pics.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But he does sound like the soup nazi. Just sayin'. :p

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
350G was the disc brake variant.
Shares most parts with the CB350 hopefully (except the front brake of course)? Were they good brakes? Or is it better to stick with the regular version? It's not the 360 something, right?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
He does sound a little bit blunt, but truthfully there are a lot of people who jerk around on both sides of the deal these days, like the lyin' tool I went to look at his Gold Wing a couple months ago and there was no way it could have been a runner (found that out in a hurry when I got there) but of course, he claimed it was and I drove 2 hours to find out. I think he just doesn't want to have to separate them to take more pictures, he took the most of the pics he has by just standing in front of them in a line

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Fair enough. The bikes seem to be in good shape and I think the prices sound reasonable. I shot him an email asking politely for some additional pics, hopefully it'll be possible... I think even my wife might be excited over that purple one... :-D I think I see it on a picture but... just higher resolution ones would be enough...

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Yep, sometimes you just gotta go when someone like that has a bunch of decent-looking bikes... think of it as a "road trip" instead of a purchase drive. Most of those bikes look pretty decent, I'd agree

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, the CB450s might be worth a look too...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
South Fla, right? :-D Yeah, you'd have to be pretty passionate...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went to university in Gainesville. That was literally my first encounter with America. :)

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
You weren't that far from me then, and they have a GREAT drag strip. I plan to run there one day as I now live close to there than I ever have before

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't have a hitch ball on my car! :(

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
So apparently he's in the process of fixing up these bikes, including the ones he's listing, and once he's fixed them up he'll sell them at a higher price. I thought he was selling the ones he was listing to focus on fixing up other bikes... but here's what he says:
The bikes you asked about are mechanically and electrically sound, and they are stock bikes/not modified. As my listing mentions, I am selling some bikes so that I can focus on cosmetic conditions for a smaller number of bikes. If you are willing to accept a bike that needs some cosmetic work or may need a new tire ($50) or chain ($20) then you should come to see the bikes. As I fix them up I will post them individually with more pictures but at a higher price. (...) The prices below reflect the bikes' current condition. If I fix them up the prices will be higher.
So I'm thinking I need to figure out the best way to bring one back :-D I don't have a hitch ball so I guess enclosed truck... Does anyone know off the top of their heads the right truck size to fit a motorcycle? Or would a pickup truck be sufficient? I read these are 80" long...

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
So apparently he's in the process of fixing up these bikes, including the ones he's listing, and once he's fixed them up he'll sell them at a higher price. I thought he was selling the ones he was listing to focus on fixing up other bikes... but here's what he says:

So I'm thinking I need to figure out the best way to bring one back :-D I don't have a hitch ball so I guess enclosed truck... Does anyone know off the top of their heads the right truck size to fit a motorcycle? Or would a pickup truck be sufficient? I read these are 80" long...
I have a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan and brought two 82 450's back home. They both fit inside. I had to collapse the front forks and turn down the handle bars to get them inside. Removed all seats but the front and used the seat anchors to secure the hold down straps.

Reactions: Alan F.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts