Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my bike just recently started having the right turn signal not work. Front light lights up bright! Back light not so much! Left turn signal works fine!

So usually if its the blinker that is the problem it would be BOTH would not work right?

I checked the rear bulb and its good. At the socket I get 10 volts. Should that be 12volts? Does the voltage drop due to the front light being on? (a big resistor basicly)

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Sounds like you have a dirty connection on the blue wire going to the right rear signal light. Check your ground connection on that light as well. Check under the seat at the main junction and at the rear fender.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Standard Flasher Relays operate on Current Draw.

The internal parts are a BI-METAL Switch.

(2) Sandwiched layers of different metals that expand at VERY different rates when heated.

When current is applied (Turn signals - ON) the Current Heats up the Bi-Metal strip.
The Strip then BENDS Away from the secondary internal contact.
Once the strip bends away from the contact the current is removed the Turn Signal Bulbs go out.
The Strip then cools and bends back onto the internal contact.
The Current is passed to the bulbs again - The turn signal light up
Rinse and Repeat.

If for any reason the current is not sufficient to make the strip heat up.
(Or if the Bi-Metal Strip Fails - they only bends so many times before they break) or the internal Contacts have failed.
The process does not happen.

I would agree with Check your ground connections.
If you have 12 + volts at your battery and only 10 at the socket your have a bad (high resistance - dirty) connection someplace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.