Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
There's a black/White wire in my wiring loom which is not on the wiring diagram for this model. Does anybody know what it is for? There is a black/White wire coming from the ignition coil but that should connect to a black wire.
Thanks

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Perhaps you should make clear what you left out of your other post - that the bike is from France, so anyone attempting to answer your question will know what to look for. On US models, the black/white is from the kill switch to provide power for the coil(s)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I edited my location.
It's weird, because there's no kill switch on my model. Then why would they put a wire in the loom for it?
There is an electric start on it though. The power is delivered to my coils through black wires (says the wiring diagram).
I guess I can just ignore this wire then? Or should I necessarily put a kill switch on it..

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Certainly wouldn't hurt to have a kill switch, adding it in would be simple considering the harness already has the proper color. I'm sure the harnesses are made to fit more than one location's arrangement to reduce costs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts