Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
IMG_20210507_194709_193.jpg

Hi everyone, I'm new to here. I just got confused with my Honda Rebel 250 performance. It has 65k km. First I noticed that both intake manifolds backfire occur in idle. And right exhaust pipe emitting black smoke but left is ok. I remove plugs and checked. Right plug is blacked where I identify as it runs in rich. Left plug is little brown/white colour where I think it runs in fine.i recently replace both intake manifolds boots with a new pair. She has a dual carburator and I cleaned it. what you guys think. ignition problem? Or timing incorrect. Please give me an idea to resolve this. I attached a picture of my carburator. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recheck the right carb.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
Thanks for your advice. I did it. Nevertheless I rechecked valve clearance and found right exhaust out of recommended setting (0.01mm and mine was 0.15mm). then removed the carburator and found both idle mixture screws out about 3 1/2 turns and set to 2 turns from lightly seated position.(found a very little O ring folded inside one idle mixture screw hole but other one is missing). then dismantle the carburator and found gaskets are completely weaken and broken. I made new gaskets out of a cardboard. cleaned inside and refit. while fitting again I carefully inserted in to intake manifolds and clamped it thoroughly to make sure not to leak air through. then started. hurrah. no more backfires through manifolds. Very low idle and black smoke gone. it's raining outside now. so I'll test ride tomorrow. after warmed up need to set idle.
I think this might help someone in the forum.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts