Honda Twins banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Not a lot of info on that, but might be worth checking into...

·
Registered
3,537 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
this is a scam!

Yep, I just got a response from him. He is offering to send pictures. I'm going to ask him for the serial numbers.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Tell him you want to come by and check it out in person. ;)
I did, so far no pictures. I bet I get an excuse. If it is I will flag both the Craigslist postings.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just for fun I responded. They sent an assload of photos, plus this:

Hey,

I'm selling it because my husband died 2 months ago (he had a heart attack) and it brings me bad memories, that's the reason I want to sell it a.s.a.p.The total price is $2,000. No damage or hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained. I have clear title, without liens or loans on it, everything is under my name. Me and my son decided to sell the house and we moved to my parents house in Twin Falls, ID trying to start a new life. We need to meet up to my parents place or I can arrange delivery - it will cost the gas money and I will pay for it.

I want to use eBay Motors services (5 days of testing prior purchase) for the safety of both of us, so if you’re interested in purchasing, please provide me your full name for the bill of sale, your full address and a phone number so I can notify eBay that you're selected as my possible buyer, and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

I look forward to hear from you!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Just for fun I responded. They sent an assload of photos, plus this:

Hey,

I'm selling it because my husband died 2 months ago (he had a heart attack) and it brings me bad memories, that's the reason I want to sell it a.s.a.p.The total price is $2,000. No damage or hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained. I have clear title, without liens or loans on it, everything is under my name. Me and my son decided to sell the house and we moved to my parents house in Twin Falls, ID trying to start a new life. We need to meet up to my parents place or I can arrange delivery - it will cost the gas money and I will pay for it.

I want to use eBay Motors services (5 days of testing prior purchase) for the safety of both of us, so if you’re interested in purchasing, please provide me your full name for the bill of sale, your full address and a phone number so I can notify eBay that you're selected as my possible buyer, and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

I look forward to hear from you!

Thanks!
Yep, scam

·
Registered
505 Posts
What these folks are doing is attempting to get as much information as possible about you. They will then use this info to steal your $$. DO NOT RESPOND TO THEM AT ALL. Doing so puts you at risk. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Motor...audulent-Use-of-Vehicle-Purchase/td-p/1445320
If you respond to them they have a good Email address. When they respond and you open their Email you have potentially compromised the security of your device and it's entire network. If you were to send them any money, well that's just winning the lottery to them.

Please be careful, my honadtwins friends. Remember, if somethings too good to be true, it probably is. If this were a legitimate deal it would have been gone within an hour and that would be that. It would not be posted all over the country.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
If you're going through eBay, you'd log in to your eBay account and see an auction or some other type of listing for this bike for $2000 and you could click the appropriate buttons to buy it and contact the seller through their eBay username. Nothing happens through regular email outside the eBay system.

Generally Craigslist is full of people that have been banned from eBay.

Sending any personal info to anyone outside of the eBay system is not using eBay, and there is no implied security, protection or anonymity.

If the bike is in Twin Falls, Idaho maybe someone could push them a little by asking to see it in person, maybe claim to live in the area?
Maybe a local member there can have a look?

It seems odd that a bike inspiring bad memories was among the stuff she and her son took up to her parents' place.
And why is the bike in her name?

Seroiusly don't give out any information to anyone you don't know, use a false name and use a payphone or block your mobile number.
The system Craigslist uses works to keep your actual email address hidden.
Don't email them back at some other address they try to provide, only reply to the craigslist address in the add.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I received exactly the same response as Bravo. And, I ignored Jay advice, usually this is a bad idea, but I'm hard headed. So I replied to the email and Comcast returned this message: Server error: '452 4.1.1. I went on a did a google search of that message and found this:

There's a DNS problem with the domain part of one of the email addresses. Comcast won't accept email that's currently undeliverable, and in this case it's returning that "452" temporary error code because it can't verify whether or not it's a valid email domain. The only thing you can do is figure out which address is causing the problem and remove it from your list of recipients until they get the DNS situation sorted out at the recipient end. This link shows how to turn on logging so you can see which address is causing the problem:
http://www.emailquestions.com/incredimail/234-troubleshoot-sending-receiving-problems-incredimail.ht...

This is awful.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
This same ad was in Iowa all summer. I got no reply from them asking to stop by and check it out. I used a bunch of different emails. I really wanted to mess with them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts