Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not mine, but this here newsgroup will be a year old in a couple of weeks.
I see today we have almost 400 members.
When we began there were just a couple of us, refugees from the now-deceased MSN 450 group, and from the HondaTwins.com site (when it's status was unknown). Kind of struggling to create a place that would serve the needs of our demographic.

Took a while for us to get rolling and develop a forum "personality", but I think it's grown into a great place, free of elitism and flamage - and a real resource of knowledge that would otherwise be lost to time as many of us grow older. The generation that bought these bikes new is fading out now, and the torch gets passed on.......

And special thanks to Jason, who personally foots the bill for this place, and acts as Administrator.

Happy Birthday, HondaTwins.net!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Party on, dudes!:shock:

Between this site and VJMC, I've gotten a lot of helpful information. Never met a more astute toddler.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Wow!...That year went FAST......
Bill is absolutely correct, It is a great group.....I too thank Jason for his efforts...

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Add me to that thankful group. I belong to a lot of different aviation and motorcycle boards and this is the first one I check everyday and everyone share whatever help they can.

It's refreshing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
:cool: Well Happy Happy Twins!! :D

Im fairly new here, and I have to say Ive felt nothing but welcome from everyone here. I actually feel like I now have a little home here on the net and some freinds I can share my whatevers,dumb questions, concerns and laughs with and I visit daily just to see whats up.Plus the willingness of the guys whove been around the block a few times to share info and experiences is INCREDIBLE and INVALUABLE!
:cool:

Some websites are about as welcoming to new members as a Christian at an Al Queda cookout.
The old timers have no patience or refuse to talk to, or even ridicule new members asking questions. I CAN understand after answering that same old question for the thousandth time where you would start rolling your eyes and so forth, BUT, The BIG difference here though is that instead of heckiling the posters question its usually simply just answered OR politely refferred to another thread where the answer lies.

Those "other" websites are visited once or twice and maybe theyve even made a post or two before the real attitude of the boards self appointed elite clique comes out at them, usually with fangs bared. :evil: Then, people quickly move on to where they are more welcome, or stop in just to read..not participate though for fear of the elitist now it alls ridiculing them again. :x :x

What Ive observed here is that new members are not just registering ..they are participating! THAT goes directly to the management, and the great folks that frequent this site, and how they make new members feel and what they allow to happen.

Bill mentioned the boards "personality", and I can say with all honesty that ive felt this board has been nothing but welcoming and knowledgeable with a willing to share, we're all in this thing together, attitude. THAT'S a winning "personality" in any book! :cool:

Ive found a home here! I feel welcome, unafraid to ask even dumb questions,laugh, poke a little fun and have it poked back, and hopefully even meet a few folks here if possible. I know Im not alone when I say...VERY WELL DONE Guys! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Randy

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
This really is a great forum and one I check out daily. I'm always glad to find a place where people check there attitude at the door and are willing to help out newbies like myself. We're building a great resource and as I learn more, I hope I can help out whenever possible.

Thanks to everyone who keeps it rolling!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
This is the GREATEST BOARD EVAR!! I'm here entirely too much but it's kinda homey feeling to me. :oops: I check in multiple times daily and I'm glad that people take my crap with a grain of salt.. *thanks guys*

I'd like to personally extend my thanks to Jason for funding such an awesome forum. That said, if the future ever brings a time that a fund raiser needs to be held, then I'll gladly do whatever it is that I can to keep this place up and running..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Happy 1st Birthday!!!

I've only been here a few months but it already feels like home to me. Very welcoming atmosphere here. I'm always a bit apprehensive joining new boards as you never know what the environment and members are going to be like, but I felt right at home here since day one. I'm on two really great boards for my KZ and was really happy to find this one for my new Honda. In my short stay here I've already gotten some invaluable help of which I'm greatly thankful for. I've learned so much already and hope to keep learning from you guys.

I feel a group hug coming on :D

Thanks to Jason for all his time, money and efforts and to everyone for sharing all their knowledge and experiences.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Yeah, you get those old hippies started hugging and before you know it.... :shock: Steve, control those old urges man.. :lol:

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
GB...I am, but it's hard.... (double entendre intended)...LMAO!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Thanks Guys,

if it weren't for all of you folks, this place wouldn't exist.

Keep up the good work, and enjoy the bikes. That's what it's all about.

Jason

·
Registered
176 Posts
tbpmusic said:
And special thanks to Jason, who personally foots the bill for this place, and acts as Administrator.

Thanks guys, for creating such a great environment. I was nervous taking my first steps in here, on my first bike, never having turned a wrench on one. You all made me feel right at home!

Jason, do you have a PayPal donation button, or could you set one up? I'm sure a few of us wouldn't mind tossing a $10 spot your way every once in awhile for keeping the lights on.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Bone said:
tbpmusic said:

Thanks guys, for creating such a great environment. I was nervous taking my first steps in here, on my first bike, never having turned a wrench on one. You all made me feel right at home!

Jason, do you have a PayPal donation button, or could you set one up? I'm sure a few of us wouldn't mind tossing a $10 spot your way every once in awhile for keeping the lights on.
I don't have a donation, nor would i feel comfortable with having it.

If there were a time when someone were interesting in donating, it could be arranged, but currently it's not needed.

Right now our hosting is paid for by other clients I have paying for a server. I am just using the residual space leftover (which is a lot). So, really the site cost is my time, and some limited amount of costs on owning the domain name.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Like I mentioned Jason, if there ever comes a time when a fundraiser is needed, then feel free to contact me about heading or assisting with such a project.. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
JeyLux said:
I don't have a donation, nor would i feel comfortable with having it.

If there were a time when someone were interesting in donating, it could be arranged, but currently it's not needed.

Right now our hosting is paid for by other clients I have paying for a server. I am just using the residual space leftover (which is a lot). So, really the site cost is my time, and some limited amount of costs on owning the domain name.
That's admirable, and thanks for your time and effort. Like GB says, you'd probably have donations covered if you ever need them. This site has been very valuable to me.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Congratulations.

Glad to find a site that still has it's focus on the purpose for which it was created. Hope we can keep it that way.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Happy Birthday HT...and put me down for 2 XXL logo shirts please.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Happy Birthday HondaTwins.net
This site has cetainly helped me when I needed it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm in agreement about site quality, this place is full of some of the best people/ personalities that iI have come across. And the technical information is absolutely invaluable.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts