Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I was out riding running some errands on my 71 cb350 and on my way home the bike just died on me. She would not restart at all. She was running fine all day, and then at a stop light it just died. I havnt had a chance to dig into her yet. I was just wondering if you guys had some insight as to what might make her die and then not restart after running fine all day.

·
Registered
608 Posts
kill switch/wiring, loose coil wire, pop off the points cover and see if it's got spark

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
I'm with Jayel....probably the "kill" switch or a disconnected connection... You can run a "jump" from the black wire coming from the ignition switch to BOTH black/white stripe coil wires.... If it then starts/runs, you have a problem in the "kill" circuit.....(reasonably common problem)....

OR, You could just be out of gas......!!!

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Gas? It has happened to me before and I was too stupid to realize it. Didn't figure it out until I had it home :oops:

How did it die? Meaning did it start stumbling and then cut out, or was it a quick shut off?

·
Registered
59 Posts
HerrDeacon said:
Gas? It has happened to me before and I was too stupid to realize it.
That happened to me once (luckily it was at the start). Another time, right after I had the carbs off, it wouldn't start. After a brief cursing interlude I flipped the petcock to the ON position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts