Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fired up the 65 for the first time the other day after a complete engine rebuild. I was using an auxilary tank hanging from my garage door. I went to use the restroom and my son closed the garage door and it pulled the inlet to the carb out. What would be the best way to reinstall and seal it? I was thinking RTV but is there a better way?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
They are just "pressed-in" originally... You might try some epoxy to seal it, but I'd try just "tapping it in" gently with a hammer.....

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
+1 to what Steve said. I freaked out the first time those lil dudes popped out :D

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I have had them come out before too and just tapped them back in. If you have a brass hammer or a brass punch that is what I use. I have used a small steel ball pein (sp) hammer also but was just careful to not bend the end of the tube. I have one on my scrambler that seems to come out every other time I take the hose off.
Don

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will try today. Thanks.

·
Registered
363 Posts
+1 I had the fitting pull out of my petcock, using my fingers! I just whacked it back in dry with a plastic dead blow, no leaks

·
Registered
659 Posts
I thin smear of JB Weld.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts