Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I have searched this forum for mufflers, and found that most here think the stock is best. However, I bought this CL to modify. This was a non running bike, that is in decent shape for an 11000 mile scrambler. I bought the cheap 12" shorty mufflers. I am running them with upstream drag pipe baffles and downstream 1/4" thumb screw restricters. The bike runs good, but it sound horrible, not as bad as a wet sounding Harley, but close.

Is there a good sounding shorty type muffler that sounds good that would fit on the CL?

Thanks for all replies, Phil

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Automotive tire

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
All shorty mufflers I've heard are louder than you'd probably prefer and can be obnoxious - but that's really a subjective thing as per the individual. I put a set on my CL450 in high school and while I kinda liked the sound, it was louder than I'd hoped and ended up going back to stock (but back then the K4 had a nice sounding CL exhaust anyway, later versions were quieter)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tom, thanks for the reply. Loud doesn't bother me so much, it's the tone. I'm curious what others have tried, before I buy something different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts