Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted earlier about my KO having K1+ pistons installed by the previous owner. The domed K1 pistons appears to bend the valves. I'm glad I bought the original flat KO pistons, but now need valves. I've seen a few on fleabay - is there a difference between KO and K1-K7 valves?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Oh man, I knew you'd bent one of those intakes from your earlier post. Too bad, I've done it myself. The first 450 I ever did (long ago), there was no manual, no one to ask, no internet forums. I was convinced it timed up on compression stroke, put it together wrong, bent the valve the first time I spun the rotor.
And that's the last time it ever happened to me, an expensive lesson.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the difference is between Bomber and K-series valves are. I don't have a Bomber, and haven't even worked on one in 30 years - maybe the Bomber guys here can chime in ???

The part numbers I find are -
Bomber-
SKU: 14711-283-000 VALVE, IN. (Honda Code 0075226) Use up to Engine SN 1011935 (still available)
SKU: 14711-283-010 VALVE, IN. (Honda Code 0118778) (NOT AVAILABLE) Use from Engine SN 1011936

5-speed is a different part number, a 292 number - different valve guides too.....

What I do have in front of me is a brand new 5-speed intake valve - maybe some measurements will reveal something. Using one of those digital calipers (0.00 mm)

valve "head" - 38mm
length - 101 mm
valve stem - 6.98 (probably 7mm in real life)

What do yours measure??

·
Registered
363 Posts
and it ran???????

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tbpmusic said:
gaillarry said:
Thanks for the info, the measurements are the same??
That's what I'm asking you - I don't have a 4-speed valve to measure.
The measurements are the same as your valves. The p.o. passed away, I got the bike from his son, and according to him it ran for a year?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
gaillarry said:
The measurements are the same as your valves. The p.o. passed away, I got the bike from his son, and according to him it ran for a year?
Wow - I wonder if the exhaust valves are the same too??
I have some used ones in a box somewhere out there, but it's too cold right now.
Maybe I'll look later........

Anyway, the ends look the same too.
The retainer/cap thing is the same part for 4-speeds and 5-speeds.
The little retainers are different (292) numbers for 5-speeds. That doesn't mean they're not the same.

I don't know if there's any difference in the face angle or anything.....I don't have a 4-speed manual.
I wonder if they're interchangeable??

Where are the Bomber guys??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts